On 02/21/2019 02:03 PM, @lbutlr via bind-users wrote:
OK, but rndc flush example.com results in:

rndc: 'flush' failed: not found

*FACEpalm*

I'm sorry. I gave you the wrong command. You want "sync", not "flush". My brain always thinks "flush the journal to disk" when it's really supposed to be "sync the journal to disk". You can pass the optional "-clean" command to cause BIND to remove the synced journal file.

"flush" is flushing caches, and you can optionally specify a view. I'm guessing that you don't have a view named "example.com".

Then service named stop, service named start.

When you use the proper commands, you don't need to restart the named service. You can also use rndc reload without needing to restart the named service.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die