On 6/16/21 7:04 AM, Tony Finch wrote:
Maaaaaaybe. Bare NOTIFY can say which zone's keys have changed, but not
what the state transition is, so it isn't what I would consider to be a
complete solution.

Pulling the thread a bit more, Jan-Piet Mens @

 "Alert, backup, whatever on DNS NOTIFY with nsnotifyd"
  https://jpmens.net/2015/06/16/alert-on-dns-notify/

appears to refer to that same challenge,

 "This is a very welcome alternative to doing it in Perl, as I did when I wanted
  to be notified of new and changed KSK in a zone."

  -->

   "Being notified of new and changed KSK in a zone"

https://jpmens.net/2015/03/05/being-notified-of-new-an-changed-ksk-in-the-zone/

& implements a "key-listen.pl" script that listens for & reacts to KSK changes.
From just reading (don't see the source code?), it's triggered by the NOTIFY
from NSD and subsequently polls for DNSSKEY RRSet ...

I don't yet know if what specific state transition info is carried in that
_NOTIFY_, or it it's sufficient.