Am 13.11.21 um 17:20 schrieb Grant Taylor via bind-users:
On 11/13/21 9:07 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
* he needs the delegation because lack of control

Maybe I've lost context, but I thought the overall theme of the thread was delegating to a private IP address

"Because I might not be able to control nor have input into local-private bind(s)" is the simple reason for the whole thread

otherwise he could make sure they forward the zone over the VPN and case closed

now that he can't control the name resolution in the other networks all the delegation stuff will simply fail if they use a ISP or public-nameserver like 8.8.8.8

how are they supposed to use the *split-horizon* setup from the initial post?