Hi all.

Just coming back to this...

I notice that the release notes for 9.16.25 say the memory leak issue on FreeBSD is now fixed:

*****

On FreeBSD, TCP connections leaked a small amount of heap memory, leading to an eventual out-of-memory problem. This has been fixed in:

https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/-/issues/3051

*****

If anyone was running/testing this train prior to this update on FreeBSD as a resolver, have you seen the problem go away?

I know Borja was testing, but haven't heard from him in a while :-).

We are still happily running 9.11.36 on our busiest resolvers, with no issue.

9.16. 25 is working fine for our authoritative servers.

9.18 is too new for us.

We have no issue keeping 9.11.36 well beyond its EoL date on our resolvers, if it means 9.16 needs further improvements for that use-case. Thanks.

Mark.