On 25/08/2022 05:23, J Doe wrote:

Hello J Doe,

I was wondering if anyone could provide feedback on whether the following: newsyslog.conf file is correct to allow for daily log rotation for my Bind 9.16.30 logs ?

My currently logging settings in: named.conf are:

     logging {
         channel chn_file_queries {
             buffered no;
             file "/var/queries.log"
                 versions 2 size 1g suffix increment;

This configuration makes BIND rotate the file by itself, when it grows bigger than 1 GB. You do NOT need any external tool like newsyslog to do log file rotation.

Regards,
Anand