On 29. 05. 24 11:31, adrien sipasseuth wrote:
Only if KSK has DSState: rumoured. If the DSState is hidden it means
that it is not expected to be in the parent (for example because the
DNSKEY has not yet been fully propagated).

> Do you need to withdraw the old key too immediatly ? anything else to do ?

 >>> Do you mean withdraw the old DS?

Yes, the old DS should be not yet withdraw because some RRSIG could be still valid ? or can i withdraw the old DS / KSK immediatly ?

In my logic :
For each file en .state
     If is KSK with "DSState: rumoured" or "DSState: hidden"
         If not in my registar (dig ds <my_zone> +dnssec +multiline)
             Publish on my Registar(api register)
            Notify Bind(bind rndc dnssec -checkds -key <New ID KSK> published <my_zone>)             Notify Bind(bind rndc dnssec -checkds -key <Old ID KSK> withdraw <my_zone>)

In my understanding, i shouldn't do "Notify Bind(bind rndc dnssec -checkds -key <Old ID KSK> withdraw <my_zone>)" and wait until all RRSIG sign (with the old KSK) expire. In that case, how can i check this ? (some dig command ? or check state file for "DSState: unretentive" ?)

I think the best approach is to enable "checkds" feature and leave it up to BIND to decide when it's safe to do next state transition. There should not be a need to do the rndc magic.

See
https://bind9.readthedocs.io/en/latest/reference.html#automated-ksk-rollovers

and also

https://bind9.readthedocs.io/en/latest/reference.html#namedconf-statement-parental-agents