Michael,
There are several layers to respond to your question.
(Looking at ISC source code can at times be fairly easy, but sometimes it's challenging, if for example the author included some private new undocumented macro system.)

First, the official definitions are at IANA:
https://www.iana.org/assignments/dns-sec-alg-numbers/dns-sec-alg-numbers.xhtml
https://www.iana.org/assignments/ds-rr-types/ds-rr-types.xhtml

Second, in working with BIND and DNSSEC over the years, it is not my impression that BIND restricts the algorithm number in any way. I don't think it even knows which types have sub-types, but I could be wrong about that.

Third, the real list is whatever the TLD is taking these days. There was a time that one TLD (IIRC .us) didn't take DNSSEC, and some orgranizations were refusing until the DS-delete option was more widely implemented.  A complicated landscape.  The easiest way I've found is to go to a large registrar and look at the drop-down options it thinks that particular TLD will accept.  It used to be everyone was advised to move to 8/2 but now the move is on to 13, but it's not 100% with everyone.

A side not on a complication of choosing an algorithm.  BIND s/w developers have focused more on automatic-everything, so if you don't want to be involved in choosing anything, BIND will take care of everything.  For those of us that want BIND to maintain re-signing RRs automatically ala version 9.16 but don't want the expanded automatic part of redoing KSKs and ZSKs and choosing algorithms, there is considerable opposition within ISC to adding an option to disable the new behavior and distinguish between the two functions.  While there is a limited feature to give unlimited lifetime to a key, there is no way to disable the relatively opaque and subject-to-change decision process of whether the chosen keys are not appropriate in some way and should be replaced.  Trying to specify different default algorithms and control that behavior gets difficult, especially for those of us with a large portfolio of domains and disparate TLDs.

regards
Al