I guess asking on the devel mailing list rather than sending mail to a
particular individual means that you get the benefit of whatever global wisdom
is available.

All packages are built nightly, in both release and devel, and across three
architectures. The build system is more complicated than building individual
packages -- reverse dependencies need to be built, too, and successful builds
synchronized with public repositories -- so the nightly builds will not change
in the near future.

The problem is likely that your local configuration is using the current
version of R and Bioconductor, whereas as a developer you should be using the
version of R and Bioconductor used in the 'devel' branch. The version of R in
use on the build machines is given at the top of the build page

  http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.3/bioc-LATEST/index.html

so R-3.3.0-beta, available from cran.r-project.org. Once you have the correct
version of R installed, then

 source("https://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R";)
 BiocInstaller::useDevel()

sets you up to install bioc devel packages (the second step is not always
necessary, depending on the version of R and Bioconductor; it is not necessary
in the current 'devel', so the error -- 'devel' version already in use -- can
be ignored). See a variant of these instructions at
http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/useDevel/. The specific commands used
for building are given in each section of the build report, so the specific
build command (editing paths, of course) can also be invoked.

I guess you are talking about MultiDataSet, with the build report at

http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.3/bioc-LATEST/MultiDataSet/zin2-buildsrc.html

The error

** R
** preparing package for lazy loading
Error : object ‘rowRanges’ is not exported by 'namespace:GenomicRanges'
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package ‘MultiDataSet’
* removing ‘/tmp/RtmpzWv6vq/Rinst36c3606d6b5a/MultiDataSet’

is because in bioc devel rowRanges is now in the SummarizedExperiment package.
I see from SVN that you have discovered this, too.

The warning

* installing *source* package 'MultiDataSet' ...
Warning in .write_description(db, file.path(outDir, "DESCRIPTION")) :
  Unknown encoding with non-ASCII data: converting to ASCII

is probably complaining that the DESCRIPTION file does not declare a particular
encoding (so defaults to ASCII) but contains non-ASCII characters. These can be
spotted with

> tools::showNonASCIIfile("DESCRIPTION")
8:   person("Juan R.", "Gonz<c3><a1>lez", ,"jrgonza...@creal.cat", role =
"aut"))

and you could either forgo the accents or declare the encoding, probably by
adding the tag

Encoding: UTF-8

to the DESCRIPTION file.

People will also point to travis for use with github, but for me this
introduces two tools that play only sort-of ok with the Bioconductor build
infrastructure (trying to bridge git via github with svn in particular seems to
cause problems that can be very tedious and time consuming to solve).

Martin