Hi all,

Im the developer of OUTRIDER. Our package normalises RNA-seq count data and
finds expression outliers within the population.
During the development we compared our approach against PCA and PEER. The later
one is a well established method to normalise RNA-seq data.

https://github.com/gagneurlab/OUTRIDER <https://github.com/gagneurlab/OUTRIDER>
https://github.com/PMBio/peer <https://github.com/PMBio/peer>

For PEER, an R package exists on GitHub, but it is not in CRAN nor
Bioconductor, even it would fit really well with Bioconductor.

We would like to leave the user the option to switch between the different
normalisation methods within our package (auto encoder, peer, pca, sea, …). But
since the Bioconductor requirements are that all loaded libraries need to be
within CRAN or BioC, my question is how we should implement this.

Is there a best practice for this? Does we have to ask the developer of PEER to
push it on CRAN or do we get around this? Or can we flag one function to be not
checked by Bioconductor for dependencies and use require(peer) within the
function?

Thanks for any advices in advance!

Best,
Christian