On 4/23/20 12:52, Hervé Pagès wrote:
On 4/23/20 12:45, Hervé Pagès wrote:
On 4/23/20 10:45, Kevin Horan wrote:
Bioc,

The build of ChemmineOB is failing on windows, which is also causing 3 other packages to fail (ChemmineR, eiR, and fmcsR). I was able to build the package on my own windows machine (Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard) without any error. I used R devel. The content of this package has not been changed since October 2018.

Right but the toolchain used for R 4.0.0 on Windows now is Rtool40 which is a huge upgrade from the previous one. Could this be related to the compilation failure?

It also occurs to me that we might need to recompile Open Babel with the new toolchain on tokay2. Could that be the problem?

FWIW the RProtoBufLib/cytolib maintainers had to do this for the protobuf and they made the updated binaries available here: http://rglab.github.io/binaries/

It seems to be pretty typical with C++ code that the binaries tend to break with major updates of the compiler (generally because of changes to how the compiler mangles method names).

H.

H.

Best,
H.

Can someone please look into it? Thanks. The build link is https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__bioconductor.org_checkResults_devel_bioc-2DLATEST_ChemmineOB_tokay2-2Dbuildsrc.html&d=DwICAg&c=eRAMFD45gAfqt84VtBcfhQ&r=BK7q3XeAvimeWdGbWY_wJYbW0WYiZvSXAJJKaaPhzWA&m=wmRn4CjxRi7ewvrtWLIyKM2Tockd3ZOaWfhhytkrbCM&s=hoMGH754DpRKnA8RGcuSStVub2IwW2BGrG6lvBK4io4&e=

Kevin

Hervé Pagès

Program in Computational Biology
Division of Public Health Sciences