My dad (Ron Kubisz) and I did some birding in the Niagara area today. Some
of our sightings were as follows:

-an adult Lesser Black-backed Gull between the falls and the sunken barge.
We noted its size in relation to adjacent Herring Gulls (a shade smaller),
its slate gray mantle, the streaking about the head and the yellow legs

-1 Canvasback in the gorge by the Canadian side between the Canadian and
American falls

-2 Bald Eagles at Queenston, one of which was being harassed by a Peregrine
Falcon. One was nearly adult (gaining the white head, though still with some
white mottling below), the other was younger but I couldn't see it well
enough to age it

-1 Black-headed Gull at the Queenston boat ramp. On this day it was
traversing back and forth between the waterfall and a 2-pillared metal
structure on the American side.

-1 Cooper's Hawk, seemingly quite habituated to people (allowed an approach
within 50 feet), at the Dufferin Islands Nature Area. There was a good
variety of landbirds here (kinglets, creepers, Tree Sparrows, juncos, House
Sparrows, Song Sparrow, Downy Woodpecker, goldfinch, cardinals etc), drawn
in part no doubt by the several feeders along the trails.

-1 Northern Harrier, Hwy 55 outside of Niagara-on-the Lake

Mark Kubisz
Toronto, ON

To reach Niagara Falls from Toronto, take the QEW towards Niagara Falls,
then exit at Hwy 420 and follow the signs to the falls.

"Mark Kubisz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>