Hi birders,
Sorry to dwell on this subject but I find it interesting with all the
Red-necked Grebe sightings in this area.
I received an email from a birder yesterday about more RN Grebes on the St.
Clair River.  I went back out to the Snye after lunch yesterday and found
two at the location I reported yesterday.  They were still there this
morning, and there were also two at the village of Port Lambton.  I am sure
there are more out there, as I only went to Port Lambton.
I suspect that because the lakes are still rather full of ice, they have
opted to feed in the St. Clair River which is quite open and has abundant
food.  In all my years of birding this area extensively, I had not seen a
Red-necked Grebe in the St. Clair River except at Sarnia.

Directions:  On highway 40 N/S between Wallaceburg and Sarnia find Lambton
Line (Rd. 1) and take west to Port Lambton.  At St. Clair Parkway (Rd. 33)
take left (south) and go out of village about 3.5 km.  The Snye is on your
right, and Walpole Island is the far shore.
Directions to Sombra and St. Clair River:  Find Hwy 40 which runs N/S
between Sarnia and Wallaceburg.  Turn west on Lambton Rd. 2 (Bentpath Line)
and take to
Sombra on the river.  Sombra Bay is right in front of you.  Fawn Island is
just to the south of the village.  The St. Clair Parkway (Rd. 33) follows
the river along its length.
Blake  A. Mann
Wallaceburg,
Chatham-Kent, Ont.