This morning (Sat) we were on Cedar Glen Rd and saw a male E. Bluebird,
20
Cedar Waxwings, plus E. Meadowlarks.  The pond at the north east corner of
highway #36 had 5 pair of Hooded Mergansers.
        Later in the day 3 Osprey flew over our maple bush calling loudly.  They
are probably the family from the Emily Forest nest.  We boiled maple syrup
until dusk when we heard the typical Woodcock buzzt call.  A pair where
courting in a former meadow now filled with Sumac.  The south half is still
snow covered.  This is only the second occurence on our property in 23
years.
        To get to Cedar Glen Rd go north on highway #36 from #7 east of Lindsay.
Continue past the Dunsford turnoff to the next intersection which is Cedar
Glen.  Turn south.  The bluebird was close to farm number 289.
        Our home is 829 Peace Rd just west of Emily Park.  Take Emily Park Rd
north
of highway #7 just east of Omemee (between Lindsay and Peterboro).

Bob and Mary Hartley. Omemee, ON

"Robert Hartley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>