Hi Ontbirders,

Bruce Di Labio and I were out on Beach One at Presqu'ile this morning
and saw four "winter-plumaged" Red-throated Loons, quite far out but
identifiable with a scope.  Otherwise the beach is still frozen up, as
is much of Presqu'ile Bay, although that will likely change dramatically
in the next few days.  We also checked the woodcock sites from the past
week and saw none.

Doug and Bruce

PS: It looks like the park is about to lay down the new water pipeline
so access to some beach parking areas may be restricted by construction
over the next few weeks.

Directions:  Presqu'ile is best reached by taking Hwy 30 south from the
401, then follow park signs through town.

Doug McRae <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>