Today we had an Indigo Bunting at our feeders adjacent to Graham Creek
(west side), just North of Port of Newcastle Marina.  Northern and
Orchard Orioles have also been seen here the last few days, along with a
handsome flock of White Crowned Sparrows.

Over the last week, a Great Egret has been seen several times in the
same vicinity (closer to the marina).

Yesterday on the pebbles at the beach just east of Port of Newcastle
Marina we spied 2 Spotted Sandpipers, while viewing Common Loon and Red
Breasted Mergansers in the bay.

Newcastle is east of Bowmanville on Highway 401.  For Port of Newcastle
& Marina, take Mill St. exit and go South.  At the stop sign, continue
South on Port of Newcastle Drive.  Carveth Crescent is left off Port of
Newcastle Drive, and there is a public path behind the bungalows on the
west bank of Graham Creek.

Jo & Roger Hardy
54 Carveth Crescent
Newcastle