On Jan 30th at about 3:30 p.m. we were surprised to see 33 Horned Larks in
the City of Kawartha Lakes.  They were in a flock with about 50 Snow
Buntings on the north side of Peace Rd between Centerline Rd and Sturgeon
Rd.  This is about 4 km north of Omemee.
At around 5 p.m. we were in Omemee and noticed a Pied-billed Grebe in the
water below the damn at the east end of the village.  It was with a pair of
Canada Geese and 2 female Mallards.  I doubt that there is enough open water
for the grebe to take off.  On the other hand there is no other water for it
to go to.
Bob and Mary Hartley

"Bob and Mary Hartley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

guidelines.