From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Sun Sep  5 17:17:44 2004
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 17:19:18 -0400
From: Bruce Di Labio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ontario birds <ontbirds@hwcn.org>
Subject: [Ontbirds]Eastern Ontario:L.B.B.Gulls,R.N.Phalarope and migrants

Hi Everyone
   Yesterday, September 4th and today September 5th,  I spent a number
of hours birding various areas in Ottawa and surrounding locations.
September 4th:  There was a significant increase in the number of Great
Black-backed Gulls with 400+ observed Sept.4 along the Ottawa River and
in plowed fields. Also noted were 6 Lesser Black-backed Gulls, 2 (1
ad.&1 1st yr.) at the parking lot at the Corel Centre, 2 adults at
Deschenes Rapids and 2 adults at Shirleys Bay.  There were distinctive
differences in molts between all the adults. Along with the increase in
GBBG,  I observed 350 Double-crested Cormorant, mainly along the river
but a number on inland ponds. In the afternoon, at least 2 Great Egrets
were still present at Shirley's Bay. In the Moodie Drive/Trail Road area
I checked a number of the ponds and found 1 Red-necked Phalarope, 3
Baird's Sandpiper, 32 Ruddy Duck and had 1 American Golden Plover flew
over calling..
    Today, September 5th,  birded a number of the eastern sewage lagoons
and found little of interest in the shorebird category but had 139 Ruddy
ducks including 3 broods at Alfred, 1 at St.Isidore and 1 at St. Albert.
Along Peat Moss Road 1 (ad.) American Golden Plover was observed in the
sod farms. At Casselman Sewage Lagoon, there was 1 (juv) Stilt
Sandpiper. There was still a good movement of Bobolinks calling as they
flew over various sewage lagoons. Swallow numbers were low and after
driving over 400 kms. the past 2 days, only saw 1 Eastern Kingbird.

                                                                good
birding
                                                                  Bruce
Bruce Di Labio
400 Donald B. Munro Drive
P.O.Box 538
Carp,Ontario,K0A 1L0
(613)839-4395 Home (613)715-2571 Cell

Di Labio Birding Website
Courses and Field Trips
http://www3.sympatico.ca/bruce.dilabio/

Directions: If you requie any information on directions please email me
privately.