We are watching the first of the large kettles of broad-winged hawks migrate, started as 2 single hawks about tree top level, quickly escalated to 2 kettles of 100 + and a trail of them extending east as far as the eye can see. Expect to hear about large kettles at Point Pelee and possibly Holiday Beach as they travel west and south.

We are watching them just south of our home on Erie St. S. in Wheatley, above the creek between us and the lake. Bittersweet sighting, definitely indicates fall is arriving, love to see them but hate to see summer end.

Bea and Bruce Patterson
B & B's Bed and Breakfast
Wheatley (minutes from Point Pelee NP)
http://www.mnsi.met/~brucep