Hello ONTbirders,

This morning at 7:35 a.m. I spotted a Lesser Black-backed Gull perched on a
light standard in the median of the Queensway (Highway 417) on the Hurdman
Bridge over the Rideau River, as I drove westward.  Driving at over 100 km/hr,
I can't confirm age but it was definitely at least 3rd-winter.  It stood out
starkly against the background noise of Ring-billed Gulls present.

Good birding,

Justin Peter

http://mail.yahoo.com