Just completed a 22 hour birdathon and I don't the total numbers but it was not our best but it was good.

Of note was warbler activity around the Old Cut Banding Station and Backus Woods we had 26 species dipping on Prairie and both Waterthrushes.

At 8 pm we also saw a Willet land briefly on the beach at the east end of 50 Point before being blown towards Hamilton.

Directions:

Old Cut Field Station is on Old Cut Blvd at the end of Hwy 59 just before the Long Point Provincial Park. Backus Woods is public land between Hwy 24 and the 4th Conc about 1km east of Hwy 59 (before East Quarter Line).

50 Point Conservation Area is east of 50 Road and the Queen Elizabeth Way in Grimsby (between Hamilton and St. Catharines)

--
---

Mark Cranford
Mississauga, Ont.