Hi Birders,

I checked out the Dickcissel's today near Paisly and had 3 singing male's.
Two of the males were very vocal and easy to see as they were within 50 m.
of the 33/34 Side road. The third male sang only a few times but around 200
m. away from the road. No females were seen. As well I timed how frequently
the birds sang, about 10-12 times a minute so if you're within a few hundred
metres of the site, you should have no problem hearing them. I also thought
I may have heard a Sedge Wren at this location but I only heard it sing once
and it seemed fairly distant.  As well on the 28/29 Side road a family group
of 4 Upland Sandpipers.

Directions are as per Michael Carlson. Birds seen on Side Rd. 33/34 about
300 m. from County Rd. #11 near Paisley. County Rd. #11 runs between North
Bruce south of Port Elgin to Paisley. Turn north on Side Rd. 33/34 and the
field is on the east side of the road. For the Upland's continue on Side
road 33/34 until you come to the Junction of Side road 28/29 and turn left
towards County Road 11. The UPSA's were at this corner.

Good Birding,

Ken Burrell

Heidleberg, Ont.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]