Despite  highwater levels at Reesor Pond and the inundation of its two
  spits,
  today  at  2pm  the  Sanderling, a bird quite uncommon to this area [I
  think], was
  found  along  the shore. As it is in basic, its white plumage makes it
  an easy bird
  to  find. Reesor  Pond  lies  just  North of Hwy 407 on Reesor Road in
  Markham.
  cheers - Stan Long