This is an official posting from the High Park Raptor Watch.
Station :  High Park, Toronto, Ontario.
View Period, Nov. 13 - 19, 2006
Station Co-ordinator - Don Barnett.
Counters: D. Barnett, B. Carswell, C. Harte, M. Kelch, N. McHugh, N. Murr, D.
Peuramaki, H. Shapiro.

The following are our totals for the period 13th - 19th Nov. and the Year to
Date.

Species                                       13 - 19 Nov      Year to Date.

Turkey Vulture                                     2                    1665
Osprey                                                 0
36
Bald Eagle                                            0
30
Northern Harrier                                   1                      110
Sharp-shinned Hawk                             3                    1659
Cooper's Hawk                                     2                      118
Northern Goshawk                                0                          3
Red-shouldered Hawk                           0                      131
Broad-winged Hawk                              0                    2536
Red-tailed Hawk                                  88                    2202
Rough-legged Hawk                                1                         7
Golden Eagle                                           0
28
American Kestrel                                     0                     238
Merlin                                                      0
    18
*Peregrine Falcon                                    0
30
Gyrfalcon                                                 0
     0
Unidentified                                              1
 119
Other (Swainson's Hawk)                         0                          1

Totals                                                      98
  8931

 *Totals for Peregrine Falcon may be high due to local birds which are
unintentionally counted as migrating individuals.
Thanks to the few hardy observers who hung in this week, depite the cold,
cloudy days and the dwindling Raptor numbers.
  High Park Site Description
  High Park is a 400 acre wooded park dominated by a Black Oak Savannah located
just west of Downtown Toronto near Keele and Bloor. The park is operated by the
City of Toronto Parks Department.

  The Count site (Hawk Hill) is located on a small hillat the north end of the
Grenadier Restaurant parking lot. It is located about 1.5km (1 mile) north of
Lake Ontario, at an elevation of 110 metres above sea level and 38 metres above
Lake Ontario. The site location is N 43 degrees 37 minutes 03.8 seconds, W 79
degrees 28 minutes 56.5 seconds. This station is at the highest point and near
the centre of the park; a steep slope that descends to a large pond is
immediately west of the station. Full time counts have been recorded here since
1993.

  The following are partners in our raptor migration monitoring in the Greater
Toronto Region: City of Toronto Parks and Culture Department, Toronto
Ornithological Club, and Local Naturalist's Clubs.

  More information including a summary of our past observations is available at:
  http://www.torontobirding.ca/~gtrw/
Naish McHugh, Observer.
http://www.ofo.ca/ontbirdshow.htm
ONTBIRDS Guidelines may be viewed at http://www.ofo.ca/ontbirdsguide.htm