This morning at 10:30 I found a Pacific Loon amongst the 150+ Common Loons
on Lake Ontario off Second Marsh. I was standing on the beach on the eastern
side of Second Marsh where it comes out from taking the Cool Hollow Trail.
The bird was smaller than the nearby COLO, it had a dark smaller pointed
bill that was held level. It had a grey rounded head and a noticeable chin
stap. Some of the mantle feathers showed light fringing to them so I’m
assuming it is a 1st winter bird.

Dave Worthington

HYPERLINK "mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]"[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Directions; Take the Harmony Rd. exit off of the 401 in Oshawa and go south.
Turn left on Samuel McLaughlin Rd and drive around to the GM headquarters
parking lot. From here take the trail named Cool Hollow down to the lake.
The bird was in the bay and could be viewed from the beach.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
11:04 AM