Hi All,

I apologize for the delay but the new pc at home can neither receive or send e-mail and internet access is limited. I am using the Sympatico Mail site on my work pc while on lunch.

My wife and I went looking for the Ross's Goose on Saturday December 15 and birded the area at the Chippawa boat ramp at 1:40 pm. From the boat ramp we could observe a bright white bird further up the Welland River but could not identify as a Ross's Goose. We drove further west on Lyon's Creek Road to find an area to get a better look. We used the parking lot of the Greater Niagara Boating Club and we were able to identify the bird as the reported Ross's Goose. The bird was on the river directly across from the boat club.

We also visited the feeders in Chippawa at 2:05 pm and observed a variety of birds. For those interested, the highlights were Carolina Wren (1), Tufted Titmouse(2) & Red-bellied Woodpecker (2). Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers were also observed.

Bob Highcock & Jean Hampson

Directions:

To the feeders:

From the Tim Horton's in Chippawa turn left onto Portage Road. Turn left at
Chippawa Parkway. Continue for 1 km and turn right at Thomas Street. The feeders are at the end of Thomas Street.

To Chippawa Boat Ramp:

From Toronto/Hamilton, take the QEW to the Lyons Creek exit and go east
towards the River and into Chippawa. Once past the marina, the street becomes
Main Street and the boat launch parking area is 100 yards ahead on your left
opposite the church.

From Tim Hortons in Chippawa, turn right and cross the small bridge to the
lights at Main Street.  Turn right and proceed west about 3/4 km to the boat
launch parking lot on your right opposite the church.

The Greater Niagara Boat Club is 500 metres further west from the boat ramp.