Hi Ontbirders,

While checking out (successfully) the Barred Owl along March Valley Road early
this afternoon (3 January 2008), I saw a Northern Shrike, a flock of around 30
Snow Buntings, together with a single Lapland Longspur.  The owl was in its
(now) usual location (north-west of Klondike Road).  All the others were
towards the south-east end of March Valley Road (on the north side near the DND
building on "Skeet Range Road").

Good 2008 birding,

Roger Clark (Ottawa)
(613) 744-0314