On the afternoon of Sat., March 01, 2008 I had a wonderfully close look at a
lone Ruby-crowned Kinglet, my earliest ever.  It was seen while snowshoeing
deep into the Lost Lake Bog, located 2 km north of Amherstview, 5km west of
Kingston.

It was foraging very close to ground in a tangle of saplings.  The snow is
20-inches deep, so how it gets food is unclear.

There were also 5 Common Ravens seen.  They are becoming common in the vicinity
of this Bog.  :)

Best Pishes,

Ken Kingdon,

KINGSTON, ON