Hi all,

It's been a while since I have done any reporting but please note the following:

On Monday (Feb.25) while dropping off one of my kids at school I observed
a flock of 9 Pine grosbeaks fly low over the school parking lot in Aurora. I have noticed wandering flocks off and on in our neighborhood all winter. On Saturday, March 1, I observed a flock (at very close range and in good lighting) of Bohemian
Waxwings(numbering between 35-40) on Queensville Side Rd. near Kennedy Rd.
in several trees along the side of the road(around 2:30pm). Interestingly at the same time there was a Pileated Woodpecker low on a tree stump on the other side of the road. It flew into the woods when I got out of the car to get a better look at the waxwings. In Aurora I have observed Bohemian Waxwings in my neighborhood on 2 previous occasions
since late Nov./07.
I also am noticing more SS and Cooper's Hawks in my travels in the area in the last 2 weeks as well as Crows- one flock on Thurs.,Feb.28 numbered over 50- migrants? Also noticed
my first flock of  Robins(4) last week.

Good Birding
Sigi Bodach, Aurora