Hi Everyone
Just a quick update on the Cave Swallows that were at Johnstown near Prescott.
Yesterday, November 13th I observed 3 CAVE SWALLOWS flying around the large
grain elevators just west of the international bridge. The swallows spent most
of the time fly-catching and occasionally would disappear into the building. I
watched them until 1:05 pm and they were still flying around despite the rain.
No reports from yesterday, Nov.14th. These birds are part of a major north-east
North American fallout. Birds have been recorded around the Great Lakes, most
of the New England States, the Canadian Maritime provinces, including
Newfoundland. The weather conditions still look good for a few more days but
the cold weather will be moving into our area early next week. If you have an
opportunity to look for Cave Swallows in eastern Ontario, I would recommend
spending a few hours along the St.Lawrence River between Ivy Lea and the
Moses-Saunders Power Dam at Cornwall. Also I would like to thank Gerard
Phillips for posting his observation of Cave/Cliff Swallows on November 12th.
I'd been looking for a week  from Cornwall to Prince Edward Point. My first for
Canada.
good birding & good luck, Bruce

Di Labio Birding Website
Courses and Field Trips