I scoped the lake from the Leslie St Spit to Victoria Park Ave for several
hours today and did not see the Western Grebe. None of the several bird
groups, that I met, had seen it either. Never-the-less, the bird could still
be about (it is a big lake).

I did see a flock of 8 White-winged Crossbills. They have been feeding
around the evergreens and Alders southeast of the bathrooms for over a week.
They spend much time on the ground checking every fallen cone. They were too
close to digiscope today.

Good luck,

Directions: Ashbridges Bay/Woodbine Beach Park is at the base of Coxwell
Ave. East of the DVP & Leslie St. Spit and south of Lakeshore Blvd.

Eleanor Beagan

OFO Vice President

etbea...@sympatico.ca

www.ofo.ca <http://www.ofo.ca/>