The West Humber Naturalists had a field trip today that started in Kleinburg
and ended in the Holland Marsh west of Newmarket.  Along Huntington Road west
of Kleinburg we had one light-morph Rough-legged Hawk, several Red-tails, three
different Northern Mockingbirds, three Horned Larks, a Pileated Woodpecker, and
a male Red-bellied Woodpecker.  On our way northeast to the Holland Marsh we
had excellent looks at an immature Northern Goshawk that was perched near the
intersection of Weston Road and the King-Vaughan Line.  In the Holland Marsh we
had a very white male Snowy Owl on the north side of Woodchopper's Lane, two
immature/female Snowies on the north side of Strawberry Lane, then a very
darkly marked first year female north of where Keele Street stops
at King Street.

Many thanks to those who came out, especially Joan Love for letting us hike
through her property in Kleinburg and enjoy the many birds at her busy
feeders.  Should note that - although we did not see it today - Joan had a
Northern Flicker there on Wednesday.

York Region is north of Toronto and south of Lake Simcoe.

Ron Fleming, Newmarket