Today, March 27th, at around 1 pm, my wife and I saw and heard a pair of Peregrine Falcons on the Ambassador Bridge. One bird chased an unknown bird (starling???) and returned with it in its talons to the ledge on the bridge where his or her mate was waiting. There were loud, ear-piercing screams coming from the birds at this point. One of the birds then did a circular display flight around the bridge area. In a word, it was amazing!

The birds are most easily seen from west of the bridge on University Avenue. _______________________________________________