Ontbirders

Most of you have read the recent message about the resumption of the
cull of Double-crested Cormorants at Middle Island by Parks Canada. It is an important and contentious issue that we should be aware of.

Information about the cull has been posted by Parks Canada (April 2008)
on the Canadian Environmental Assessment Registry
http://www.acee-ceaa.gc.ca/ CEAR reference number 08-01-37777

There is both support and opposition of the cull.  Information about
this issue can be found in recent newspaper articles and through web-based searches.

That said Ontbirds is an inappropriate forum for expressing support or
disapproval of any issue especially one that has become polarized. Ontbirds for the most part is intended for reporting birds. We do accept postings of interest to the birding community however they should be run past the Ontbirds Coordinator before being sent to the list.

Readers should be aware that only initial messages from posters are held for review by the coordinator prior to release to the list. This is a defense against SPAM as well as to ensure that posting guidelines are understood. Long time subscribers to the list and those who have resubscribed who have not posted may find their initial post delayed.

Mark Cranford
ONTBIRDS Coordinator
Mississauga, Ont.
mark.cranf...@ofo.ca