Today at Rock Point (Ontario), Betsy and I clearly heard the song of a
PRAIRIE WARBLER twice but never could get a view of the bird.  The location
was very close to the stairs that go to the beach in the southeastern corner
of the park.  Take Reg. Road 3 from Dunnville south (or east?) and follow
signs to the provincial park.  There was a YELLOW-BELLIED FLYCATCHER at the
same spot.  On the shore were 2 RUDDY TURNSTONES, as well as a few Dunlin,
Least and Semi. Sandpipers.  Another Ruddy Turnstone was at Morgan's Point
but other than that, the only shorebirds we had were Killdeer and Spotty
despite checking several beaches between Rock Point and Fort Erie.  Not a
single Whimbrel!  There was also a male GREATER SCAUP at Rock Point.  A
RED-HEADED WOODPECKER was at the foot of Stonemill Road, which comes off of
King's Highway 3, a little east of Ridgeway.

At the Lewiston, NY plateau we had two singing GRASSHOPPER SPARROWS.  The
plateau is in Artpark State Park and is accessed from Portage Road in the
Village of Lewiston.

Good birding!
Willie
Willie D'Anna