Charlie Adey and I had the pelican where it was previously posted -- in the
water
just north of the North Island along the NE shore of Hamilton Harbour around
2:30 this afternoon.
We missed it earlier in the day.
Check all the Mute Swans -- one "morphed" into the pelican as we stopped on the
shoulder on Eastport.
Be careful -- Eastport can be busy.

>From Rob Dobos' earlier posting:

The bird is is easily viewed from the shoulder of
Eastport Dr. near the base of the Skyway Bridge of the QEW highway
(Burlington side).  North Island is the third island north of the Canada
Centre for Inland Waters.

Directions: From the QEW highway heading south (or east) from Burlington
towards Hamilton, take the Eastport Dr. exit just before the Skyway Bridge.
Park on the shoulder opposite the islands.  Alternatively, from the North
Shore Blvd. in Burlington take the Niagara-bound access ramp onto the QEW
and stay right onto Eastport Dr.

John Stirrat
Toronto