Hello All,

Jean and I were at the Wetland Ridge trail this evening (9/06). At 8:15 PM we observed a Great Horned Owl sitting on the hydro tower near the north lagoon. It was sitting on the first horizontal bar of the tower.

Despite hearing 9 Common Nighthawks we did not see any. Light was fading very fast.

Bob Highcock and Jean Hampson
St. Catharines, ON

Directions:

From the Niagara bound lanes of the QEW, exit onto Glendale Avenue (38A
according to Google). At the intersection, turn left onto Taylor Rd. The Niagara College Campus will be on your left. At the lights, turn left into the campus. Follow the road until a barn and storage area is on your right. Parking will be on the left. The entrance to the Wetland Ridge is near the barn.