It is with a heavy heart that I report the passing of Keith Dunn, a mainstay of
the York region birding community and, more importantly, a marvellous friend
whose sense of humour and easy-going personality will be sorely missed by all
who had the fortune of knowing him.

Keith was a long time member of the West Humber Naturalists and a stalwart of
countless CBCs and Baillie Birdathon teams.  He was an excellent birder, a
natural storyteller, a diehard soccer fan, a lover of music and movies, and a
champion of nature's little critters....He had turned his backyard into a haven
for birds, butterflies, wildflowers, frogs and toads.  Walking into it was like
entering a little piece of Tolkien's Shire, "Keefer" the gentle lord of it
all.  He was truly one of a kind.  His quick laughter and keen eye for birds
will be missed at every turn in the years ahead..  If you are ever birding
Cook's Bay or Holland Landing or looking for "snowies" along Ravenshoe Road in
Keswick, think of Keith.  Those were among his most-loved places and I trust
that part of him will always remain there.

--
Mark Cranford
ONTBIRDS Coordinator