This morning at 9am I came across a mixed flock of Snow Buntings, Horned Larks
and Lapland Longspurs on Fallsview Road in Dundas. The flock numbered at least
200 SNBU, 30 HOLA and no fewer than half a dozen LALO. Location is west of
Dyment's Market on Fallsview Rd. (0.5 km west of Sydenham) on the south side in
the second corn stubble field. The birds would every now and then attend the
road surface and with patience the LALO are easy to pick out.

West of this location at 455 Fallsview Rd and on the east side of the house,
were a pair of Eastern Bluebirds acting suspiciously territorial. At least one
of the birds was a male but I was unable to determine the gender of the second.
I bird this location at least 3 times a week and this is the first time I've
come across these birds. Overwintering birds? Migrating birds? I tend to think
migrating.

Also. North on Woodhill Rd (5 km west of Hwy 8 or Peter's Corners) 0.5 km, on
the east side of the road, a farmer has spread some manure and at 9:30 this
morning I found another large flock of Buntings, Horned Larks and at least one
Lapland Longspur. Again, with patience these birds fly to the road every now
and again.

Directions: Fallsview Rd runs west off Sydenham Rd. in Flamborough. To get to
Sydenham drive exactly 3 km west of Clappison's Corners. (Hwy # 6 at Hwy # 5 )
on Dundas then turn south on Sydenham. Follow Sydenham southerly aproximately 2
km to Fallsview Rd.

Terry Osborne