Hello winter listers:

On this, the last weekend of the winter list, Carolyn King and I visited Humber
Bay East in the late afternoon.  There was a male American Wigeon in immaculate
plumage just offshore at the southeast point.  Other interesting waterfowl
included 2 pairs of Redhead and 3 pairs of Gadwall.  We saw a large number of
Long-tailed Ducks, and good numbers of Greater Scaup, Common Merganser and
Red-breasted Merganser.  Surprisingly, there was only a single Common Goldeneye
(a female).

We did not find the Harlequin Ducks previously reported here.  Equally
unsuccessful was a visit to the north end of Grenadier pond at High Park for
the previously reported Wood Duck and Northern Pintail.

Directions:
Toronto shoreline -from Lakeshore Blvd. West at Park Lawn Rd., go south into
the park.

Good birding,
Steve