My report earlier today suggested that we were having an initial movement
of Greater Snow Geese flying east over Cornwall. I watched smaller flocks
following this then later in the afternoon the movement shifted to the
north end of the city and a steady stream of birds began to move through.
By 4:30 the migration dam broke. Over a period of about 45 minutes I
counted 15,000 additional birds, bringing my own day total to well over
21,000, plus the 4-6000 that were reported flying over the Apple Hill area
this morning and an additional 1000+ over Winchester. I did not seen the
entire movement, which began well before I headed north and continued after
I left. It is likely that the number of birds that moved across the region
today is much higher than this total. There are no reports of birds
settling yet.

Brian Morin
Cornwall