Highland woods produced a few birds today. Along with the local GRAY CATBIRDS,
HAIRY/DOWNY WOODPECKERS, NORTHERN FLICKERS and RED/WHITE BREASTED NUTHATCHES, I
had a few migrants which include some that are a bit behind schedule. A female
ROSE BREASTED GROSBEAK was spotted just south of Commissioner's road in an
Eastern Cottonwood, and I also spotted a RUBY THROATED HUMMINGBIRD in the same
area. A little further in, I had a RUBY CROWNED KINGLET. Also, for the last few
days an OLIVE SIDED FLYCATCHER has been spotted here, and it was still present
this afternoon. It seems to prefer the most conspicuous branch of a dead tree,
of which there are quite a few in this area. I've recently learned that this
species is actually quite late so its a great sighting.

Onto sadder news,I received a recent call from my sister who lives in Hamilton
who found an injured baby EASTERN SCREECH OWL in the Ancaster area. She found
it between Tiffany and Sherman falls, accross the road from the main path. Her
dog was actually able to approach the owl and it did not move, which is when
she noticed bleeding on one of the wings. Her attempts to be able to find
someone to help have been in vain, so if anyone can help with this bird, please
call me at 226-663-8163.

Keep those reports coming.

Jackson Hudecki, you betta recognize foo'

Len Manning III, Esq.