Please indulge my narrative. . .Mr. Cranford . . .maybe Ill slip it through at
2:00 a.m.

              That sliver of moon has set, out in our cool air.  Ursa major is
dunking the big dipper out over my heard
. I'm beggin the indulgene of our server arbotrator.
                This is late and really unimportant because there are no new or
new erratic species to report. It is more an historic footnote record on the
ontbirds server:
    I'm reporting for Nancy- Bodsworth Hannah, as a secondary party , observer,
facilitatorfor documentation.
       Nancy Hannah-" On thursday and friday April 7th and 8th 2011, I
accompanied my 92 year old father on his determined trip to see once more the
birds of his beloved birthplace Port Burwell. Fred Bodsworth, author of the
million seller"The last of the  Curlews ", pre-eminent birder of Elgin county ,
came back to Burwell, The Harris's sparrow was luckiliy observed , at the
Stephenson's on Bridge St.(Photo on Brandon Holden's Website)

                  Monarch Landing and the  vernal   ponds across the road
 offered up, mallards, blacks, pintails, gadwalld, green and Bluewinged teal,
wigeon, woodies, gadwells and a lone Canada goose(very usefull as a marker).
The redheads , ring-necked and buffeheads were farther down the road at another
pond.
           I take liberty sharing my few prescious minutes with Fred , He is
viewing with only one eye, the second being obscured by a secondary cataract.
This man is amazing , I only shared" those big black -assed ducks" who knows
they must be Gadwalls"l - What a gift this great birder is to the history of
our endeavors in Ontario.
         Nancy, and I witnesses the spotted towhee, unfortunately Fred couldn't
shift his focus fast enouth to see the bird , but He spotted a fox sparrow over
our heads .
        Later as the sun had set we parked beside the road and listened to the
woodcocks, near Monarch Landing pond

The darkness enveloped the space.  Who ..,,,NEW Bird will sing for us tomorrow
morning???