Good evening Ontbirders.

At Rondeau, the mini-invasion of Yellow-throated Warblers has apparently
expanded from one to two birds.  At the same time that one birder was
watching an individual YTWA eating suet at the Visitor Centre (12:10 to 1:00
pm), his friend was observing a YTWA visiting cottages some distance away on
Lakeshore Road.  The cottage bird was moving around the eaves trough of one
cottage after another (at least 4 in succession), apparently searching for
insects and spiders.  This individual was seen visiting cottages from
approximately #17238 to approximately #17260.  It was presumably this same
bird that had been seen previously moving about the walls of cottages,
searching for food.  The bird at the Visitor Centre suet feeder was seen at
7:15 am, 12:43 pm, and 3:45 pm.

It will be interesting to assess/guess just how many birds showed up in
Southern Ontario during this spring migration ... would make fascinating
reading in Ontario Birds.  Keep your device tuned to this station for more
breaking news!

In addition to the White-eyed Vireo on South Point Trail, a second bird was
noted at cottage #17238 Lakeshore Road.  We also received a report of a
Louisiana Waterthrush at Spicebush Trail this afternoon.

In the late migrant category, we had at least 2 Hermit Thrushes on Tulip
Tree Trail and a dark phase Rough-legged Hawk flying over the park gate.  An
adult Bald Eagle was also seen at the latter location.

Outside of the park, visitors to Blenheim Sewage Lagoons today reported
Pied-billed Grebe, Northern Shoveler, Ring-necked Duck, Ruddy Duck, American
Wigeon, Green-winged and Blue-winged Teal, Least Sandpiper, Dunlin, Black
Tern, Bobolink and Savannah Sparrow.  Visitors to the lagoons are reminded
that a permit is required.  It is available online by contacting the
Chatham-Kent offices or from the Rondeau Visitor Centre.  My bird hike will
visit the lagoons on Wednesday at 1:00 pm - contact the Visitor Centre to
sign up.

Good birding!
Steve

Steve LaForest