Hi all.

Spent most of the afternoon in Stratford where I saw a Caspian Tern fishing in
the "lake" in the middle of town, behind the Festival Theatre.  This struck me
as an odd place for a Caspian Tern this time of year.  Back home in Flamborough
I have seen them fishing on larger ponds, 20 km plus northwest of the Hamilton
Harbour colony.   Stratford is 90 km from the Hamilton colony, the closest
according to the most recent breeding bird atlas.  Can anyone comment on how
far they forage from their nesting colonies or the movement of failed nesters
this time of year?

Thanks.

Paul

Paul D. Smith