Hi Ontbirders:

Apparently I had just missed the white-faced ibis (first found by Ben DiLabio
earlier in the week) by about 5 minutes.  As I was walking down to see it, so
Eons else was just leaving and mentioned it had taken off  around 5:35pm or
thereabouts and was seen flying west... way west to quote.

But I did see the American Bittern flying in again and landing at the back of
the tall grass where the fallen tree is.  Three Wilsons Snipe seen on the
island in front of the fallen tree along with the usual Kildeers and Lesser
Yellowlegs.

I had visited early this morning as well and the Ibis had
flown in at about 5:50 to 5:54am.  The day before a birder had mentioned seeing
the Ibis fly in around 6:05/6:10am.  Well, you get the idea.  There was one
Wilsons Snipe this morning on that small island along with juvenile Spotted
Sandpipers (it was bobbing like a Spotted but was much smaller and had no
spots... another birder helped with the ID and also pointed out some Least
Sandpipers...hadn't brought along my binoculars).

The strangest sighting was seeing a vole race across Carp Road yesterday and
survive...missed by my car and a dump truck going the other way.

W. Hum
www.PBase.com/golfpic

Directions:
Head west on 417 and get off at Carp exit.  Turn right on Carp and go 8
kilometers crossing March Road continuing to Rivington.  Turn right onto
Rivington and go to the end.  Rivington is the road just after the yellow train
crossing sign.