Hi Ontbirders,

While looking (unsuccessfully) for Bev McBride's Caspian Tern from Bate Island
this morning (10h.15, Friday), a cormorant passed me flying west.  It was no
more than fifty yards away.  What struck me immediately was a noticeable white
patch to the rear of the body, & its overall strong flight pattern.  It was
heading upstream towards Britannia.

Not a very solid report but may be worth keeping an eye open!

Roger Clark (Ottawa)

To reach Bate Island from the Ontario side follow Island Park Drive north onto
the Champlain Bridge. Part way over the bridge look for an exit on your right
to the island. You can reach Island Park Drive from the 417 where there is an
exit for westbound traffic only and from the Ottawa River Parkway from either
direction. (Thanks, Bev)

Sent from my iPhone