Hi everyone,

Apologies for the delayed posting, I seem to have sent the original email to
the wrong address.

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone that has provided us with specific
birding sites and contacts in Northern Ontario. It is great to know of such a
knowledgeable and helpful birding community!

On Wednesday afternoon, between thunderstorms, Jaime and I stopped at the Wawa
Sewage Lagoons. We had a great couple of hours, finding four new birds for our
ride, highlighted by a juvenile Franklin's Gull in the large, southeast pond. I
visited the same pond briefly yesterday morning, but the Franklin’s Gull was
not present (it’s possible it was on one of the other three ponds).

Other birds we saw included:
Canada Goose: 10
Wood Duck: 7
Gadwall: 1
American Wigeon: 6
Mallard: 10
Ring-necked Duck: 20
Lesser Scaup: 8
Bufflehead: 3
Common Goldeneye: 25
Solitary Sandpiper: 2
Greater Yellowlegs: 1
Bonaparte’s Gull: 3
Herring Gull: 5
Belted Kingfisher: 1
American Crow: 6
Common Raven: 1
Barn Swallow: 2
Cedar Waxwing: 15
White-winged Crossbill: 2

Cheers,

Nigel Jackett
White River, ON
http://www.tilthelasttree.com

Directions: Wawa is at the east end of Lake Superior. Take Wawa Exit from Hwy
17 onto Mission Rd (Hwy 101). Turn left on Golf Course Rd (not signed, but
first left after the Tim Hortons). Follow down the hill for 400m until reaching
the ponds on both sides of the road.