Hi Ontbirders:

The strong winds earlier in the day gave way to a light breeze late in the day.
 The Sabines Gull gave great views to all who were there.  I heard from birders
that it would walk up to them only several feet away.  A number of birders were
able to go up for close up photos.

During the time I was observing the Sabines Gull, it flushed only twice.  Many
people were around watching and photographing it.  One time we watched as a
crow landed right behind it.  Soon as it did that, the Sabine's Gull took off.
The second time was when 3 crows landed behind it.  Soon as the crows landed
behind it (noisily "arguing" between the three of them) the Sabine's Gull took
off (I kind of knew after watching the first time a crow did that).  I was
about 30 yards away at the time.  Someone on the beach busily talking on a cell
phone grumbled that the gull was now headed to Descenes Rapids.   After
muttering that, he left.  Soon as he did that, the Sabine's Gull flew back in
and landed in pretty much the exact same spot as it had taken off only a minute
or so ago when the 3 crows landed behind it.  There it fed happily until close
to 7pm when a Peregrine Falcon patrolled the shoreline along Ottawa Beach.  I
heard the gulls, so looked up and saw the Peregrine. I walked back down the
beach to see if the Sabine's Gul was still feeding there (I didn't see it fly
as I was headed the other way down the beach).  I did not find it.  Two
yellowlegs, a lesser and a greater was still there though, perched very close
together.  Earlier, a Bairds sanpiper aws also seen in the same general area.
Happy birding.

W. Hum
www.pbase.com/golfpic

Ottawa Beach is along Carling Avenue past Richmond Road as you head westbound.
There are 2 entrances to Andrew Haydon Park.  The first one (eastern most one)
is the one to Ottawa Beach.