Hi Everyone
This evening Ben and I birded the Deschenes Rapids from 5:50pm to 7:15pm and
observed 2 juv. Sabine's Gulls. A lifer for Ben.  One was feeding below the
rapids while a second bird flew west past us at 6:50pm. We stayed till dusk and
counted 16 Lesser black-backed Gulls (various ages)  and 76 Great Black-backed
Gulls roosting on the exposed rock flats. Also observed 2 Peregrine Falcons.
Good birding, Bruce and Ben

 Directions: Deschenes Lookout is located along the Ottawa River Parkway.
Britannia Point is accessible from Britannia Water Filtration Plant Deschenes
Rapids: Take Champlain Bridge north and turn west on Lucerne Blvd.. Follow to
Vanier Road and turn left and then right on Martel. Park at end on right and
walk down trail to rapids. .

Di Labio Birding Website
Courses and Field Trips
http://www.dilabiobirding.ca