At 5:15 this afternoon , Tom Devecseri, showed my wife Dawn and I 26 sandhill
cranes intermingling with a large flock of Canada geese south of Smith Rd. in
Navan. They are in great color and quite active as we saw several sparring with
each other. This seems to be a roosting spot as they are not always there
earlier in the day. Tom thinks some of these cranes nest in the Mir Bleu area
and they are joined by migrating birds as the season progresses. He observed
over 80 late in the season last year.
   To get there take Navan Rd. east and exit at Milton Rd. Turn right at Smith
Rd. and proceed half a kilometer. The birds are in a harvested field just past
a cornfield on the south side.
    Earlier we observed the Sabine's gull at the Duchesne Rapids from the Que.
side.
  Follow Bruce Dilabio's directions for the Gull. Bob Scranton